Wednesday, September 23, 2015

I Could Be Well Moved


Listen to:
I Could Be Well Moved (:59)
from Julius Caesar
performed by Bob Gonzalez, rhapsode


Act 3, scene 1
On the Ides of March, Caesar answers the plea of the conspirators for mercy on Publius Cimber.

CAESAR
I could be well moved, if I were as you:
If I could pray to move, prayers would move me:
But I am constant as the northern star,
Of whose true-fix'd and resting quality
There is no fellow in the firmament.
The skies are painted with unnumber'd sparks,
They are all fire and every one doth shine,
But there's but one in all doth hold his place:
So in the world; 'tis furnish'd well with men,
And men are flesh and blood, and apprehensive;
Yet in the number I do know but one
That unassailable holds on his rank,
Unshaked of motion: and that I am he,
Let me a little show it, even in this;
That I was constant Cimber should be banish'd,
And constant do remain to keep him so.

No comments:

Post a Comment